Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Is It Over, Before It's Over?

I don’t hear the fat lady singing but I see the old men herding protectively around their boy Obama. There is much talk of Hillary "pitching it in" and "giving up". Many of the guys are saying, “It’s over”, although neither Obama nor Hillary have the votes to win the nomination. I’ve thought through why I’m voting for Hillary. It’s simple and yet it’s not. So, I put together a little video and put it on YouTube to remind me later on why I fought this fight, regardless of the outcome.





The party line is “It’s for the good of the party” that she should quit. That reminds many of us of the old days when we weren’t really expected to perform. I have to say, I’m more than a little tweaked at the old men of the party. This election has shown us that this isn’t the grand old party but it is much the same old politics. Oh, I know Obama is running on “change”. Well, I would like a change from the boys deciding who will run as a Democrat. I’d like to see the process work like it is “supposed” to work. Maybe, just maybe it’s never worked that way. Maybe, just maybe this is all a hoax to keep us in line, you know hopeful. Will Obama win? Will Hillary pitch it in for the good of the party? I hope not.


I do believe that Will Rogers had the best assessment of the party when he was asked, “Are you a member of any organized political party?”
“No, I’m a Democrat”. Ditto.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Totally inspirational...how far we've come...how far we have yet to go. Thanks for your perspective and for the reminder.