Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Stop Abusing the Environment!



On a recent visit to one of my favorite beaches I was surprised to see such an enormous amount of trash on the beach and in the surf. I watched beautiful birds walking in the surf and pecking away, looking for food. I put together a short video of the trash. I guess this is a trashy video.

Who leaves this trash? It's not the birds. I watched them all day. Not one of them drank a beer and threw the can or bottle down on the sand. Not one smoked a cigarette, threw away a piece of paper, or used a condom. It's not the birds, it's for the birds!










What's so hard about picking up your trash and taking it home? While walking on the beach I met a woman who was sitting and fishing. She was sitting on a bucket she found on the beach. She and another woman regularly picked up trash on the beach as they walked. Why should they have to pick up this stuff?

Pick up your trash and take it home! Stop abusing the environment!

No comments: